Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What Matters

I look at her and nothing else in the world matters. It doesn't matter that my backyard has weeds over three feet tall. It doesn't matter that the dog desperately needs to be groomed. It doesn't matter that the vaccum cleaner broke. It doesn't matter than my windshield has a crack in it two feet long.

All that matters is that smile. And the hugs and kisses. My energy and focus is right where it should be. She's not even two and she can count to ten. She gets excited about macaroni and cheese to the point of squeals. She kisses her daddy goodnight five times before she goes to bed. She hugs the dog like he's her best friend.

It's hard to not have enough time or energy to keep "things" up around the house. Looking at the house, I could feel like a complete failure. Looking at what's important, looking at her, I know I am doing something right.

1 comment:

Karen Hossink said...

Ah, yes. Look at what matters!
I so understand you with regard to the weeds. They are overwhelming. And the house is a constant battle.
But your love and care for your sweet girl out-weigh them all!
Keep up the good work, Mom. *grin*