Thursday, May 15, 2008

Taking Control Means Giving It Up?

I feel like I'm getting ready to take back control of my life. There's many areas - physically and mentally - that I've recognized as needing work. And I've come to the conclusion that I just have to do it! Whatever "it" is at the moment. So amongst my thoughts on my 45 minute drive home today.....I start thinking how I can take control again. How God might be a part of that.

Then it hit me.....do I have to take back control, or GIVE UP control to Him? I think there's probably a happy medium in there where God will walk with me hand in hand. But I have to go to Him with open arms, like His are always open. And I have to listen for His wisdom as I figure out what to do day to day. And I have to be thankful and use the skills that He has given only me. So I guess there's a few things I need to do too.

All I know is it's time to do something. And with Him it will never be alone.

1 comment:

Karen Hossink said...

God's part, and our part. Which is which, and how do we know???

I think the most helpful way I have heard this dilemma explained is this: It is God's responsibility to lead, direct, organize, plan, do, you know - be GOD. Our job is simply to obey.
So, yes, I think you are right when you consider that the control is HIS. Being obedient will give you plenty to do! *grin*