Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mushy Brain Bedtime

My brain is mush. It's like that alot these days. I just spent two hours getting a soon to be two year old to bed. The other part that keeps my brain mushy is that I spend much time trying to figure things out. "Things" meaning "everything". Parenthood, marriage, motivation, husbands, faith.....just a few minor details in life. : )

I started a new book last night. It's in the other room and I'm too tired to get the name of it right now, but it's something about finding God's purpose for yourself in life. They're short "lessons" each day that end with things to think about the next day. The first day focused on remembering that our lifes' purpose is up to God. It's in His master plan. So why the heck do I spend all this brain power and energy spinning my wheels? Maybe I'll find that out in the next few weeks too.

I do feel better when I focus on Him. I didn't turn the tv on while I worked this morning. I'm not sure I was more productive, but definitely more focused and peaceful listening to music. The last few nights I've read my Bible too. Nothing specific, just flipping pages here and there, taking in the Words. It's amazing how every page has so much meaning. So much comfort in every piece of scripture.

There's got to be a bridge someplace that allows mushy brains a rest. Someplace quiet where there are no worries....just life.

2 comments:

Karen Hossink said...

Oh, my friend, I was praying for you this morning. I know you are tired and your brain is feeling mushy.
(When I realized "Green Eggs and Ham" was the most intellectually stimulating thing I had read in months, I was sure my brain had completely turned to mush!)
I know there is much you are trying to figure out and understand. And I know in the midst of it all, God is loving you. Ask Him to speak to your heart about these things you're seeking. Ask Him to show Himself to you. He is perfectly faithful, and He will give you the answers you need. It may be that you have to wait longer than you want to, but in His perfect time He will reveal it all.
Keep trusting Him!

Emily P. said...

When you find that bridge, let me know and send me an invitation.