Sunday, August 3, 2008

Do Over

Tomorrow starts a whole new week. I'm looking at it that way for many reasons. Apparently I had to fall hard last week to be able to get back up again. I guess in a way God showed me how much I really need Him. Well, I listened. And listened, and listened. I found new means of help. I want to listen to music all the time. It's so uplifting....I'd listen to it at work if they let me. It was a real saving grace last week when all felt wrong.

And then there was my friend, Emily. Who even though we didn't see each other when it was the worst, her being there made it better. She told me she cared. She understood what I was going through, even at times when I didn't think I did. Good things come to those who wait. Emily and her entire family were worth the wait.

So on to the new week. A time to start over. A time to try again. A time to not give up. Remembering that I'm never alone. Remembering that what I do is important. Remembering that God is all around me every moment.

2 comments:

Emily P. said...

My mom sent me a poem, I'll see if I can find it. It's called "The Summit". Love you, Penny girl.

Karen Hossink said...

That's right, you aren't alone. God is with you in every moment.
And when you wonder if being a mom is important, just open your blog and stare at that picture of Dakota clapping her hands. How PRECIOUS!!!