Sunday, October 26, 2008

And the Hugs Continue

The Free Hugs continue! The sign that I saw last week was put there to help me open my eyes to the hugs that God gives me everyday. Since then, I have been much more aware of God hugging me in many different ways. Sometimes it in the kind words of a co-worker, sometimes it's in the actual hug from my child, sometimes it's in helping me be patient, and sometimes it's even in seeing a beautiful picture or design.

Dakota was sick this weekend with tummy flu (read urp!) and allergies (read random hives). But through it all, she gave me lots of hugs. And it's even better when she says "Momma hugs" when she does it. Today we thanked God together (ok, so I did most of the talking) for His giving us to each other.

Yes, the hugs continue............

3 comments:

Karen Hossink said...

I'm so glad you're seeing the hugs. *grin* What a gift to pass that woman holding the sign.
Man, I am sorry to hear about Dakota's fits, though. I hope she's feeling better sooooon!

Emily P. said...

Hope you guys had a good night! Hug ya/see ya in the morning!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hi Penny,
It always make me smile to see a picture of you and Dakota on my Site with your comment. : )
I read your sweet post about the woman with the "hugs" sign. I'm so glad you rolled your window down and said what you did. I'm sure you made her day better as well.
Did Em ever send you the photos I took of D and G at the Park when I watched them one morning? They are SO CUTE!!! I know you will love them. Every time Dakota smiles, it just melts my heart. She has the sweetest face. : )
Mary Lou