Thursday, June 12, 2008

The 201st Time

I feel like I'm finally making some progress in little tiny baby steps. After having weeds in the back yard over four feet tall, I called a landscape service. Within 3 hours they were working and finished after 3 hours. (Gee Honey, that only took a 2 minute phone call!) I made it through Wednesday, always a challenge for some reason, without going off program (I'm doing Weight Watchers). Thursday was a different story, but at least I made it through Wednesday this week. We're starting to get the dinner thing down. Penny makes the menu for the week, Tony cooks it. :) Dakota's finally in a routine of bath every other night barring any nasty emergencies. Which sadly is something for me to be excited about because there were many weeks when I just didn't feel like it and her bath nights were farther and fewer inbetween. I'm trying to do something to relax every night for just a few minutes. Usually computer time or reading. Of course I fall asleep halfway through a magazine....but it's a start. I've started taking showers in the morning -- woo hooo! For so long I told myself I HAD to take them at night because Dakota might get up too early. Well, she's been sleeping later...AND daddy's home this summer and just helps out (with a little arm twisting) if needed.

Sure, there's still more things that need work. The kitchen light that's been out for over 8 months. The files that need to be shredded from the last 3 years. Exercising....ewwww....the E-word. And I think I'll get there. As long as I give myself time. That seems to be the key. Allowing myself time to get there. Dare I say "allowing myself not to be perfect?" Eeekkk! Don't tell anyone. I might not get it right the first 200 times, but 201 might just be it.

2 comments:

About Nancy said...

What a positive post! I like how you encourage yourself to not give up and persevere. You are so right...you just might get something done the 201st time.

Great advise.
Blessings,
Nancy

Emily P. said...

Have you heard of the Fly Lady (flylady.net)? I love her stuff, but have not fully committed to her program. I read something on her site today that I liked. "Progress, not perfection" seems like you're getting that all on your own, though. Good for you! P.S...did Daddy like the pig tails? Give that baby a kiss for me!