Friday, June 27, 2008

If I Paid You What You're Worth

We are very blessed with an in-home daycare provider who has become a close friend. She's a big part of why Dakota is doing so well with letters, numbers and colors, not to mention socially. I thought this week about how grateful I am that Emily is a part of our lives. I thought if I paid her what she was worth, what she deserves every week, I wouldn't be able to afford her. And it's so true......I can't put a pricetag on my daughter being in a loving home being taught values and skills when I can't be with her. Where when she's there, she becomes one of her own.

God must have had a specific lesson in mind this week, because I've been thinking about this concept for a few days now. How does Emily's value to Dakota and I translate to a bigger picture? Well, it hit me.....the way I feel about Emily - not being able to pay her what she's worth - is how God feels about me. When I try and grasp the enormity of it all, it's overwhelming. God knows my value, every day, and it's beyond measure.

The real lesson part comes when I take it one step further. He feels this way about everyone. So that means the person who drives me nuts at work, or the jerk who cut me off in traffic, has the same value as an individual to God. Even though I may not be able to see the good, He can see it perfectly clear. He knows what we're all worth.

It's beyond our comprehension and imagination that someone could value us this much. It gives me hope, pride, and peace knowing that I'm worth that much to Him. To be able to see that value in another, the way God sees them, begins to connect us all. We are all His. We are all a part of Him. We are all priceless.

2 comments:

Emily P. said...

Penny, you have no idea what this means to me, especially today. You are such a beautiful person. I feel lucky to even know you. Thank you for this enormous compliment. Love you!

Karen Hossink said...

It definitely does something to your perspective about the annoying person at work, or the jerk on the highway when you consider God loves them and Jesus died for them - just as much as He did for you!
Good thoughts. *grin*