Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Baby Mine



I dropped off a baby at the sitter's yesterday and picked up a little girl. I'm not sure when it happened, but the change felt like it just took a few hours. Maybe it was the pigtails that she looked oh so adorable in. She walked out to the car with me jabbering and telling me stories. Then she sang to me on the way home. After dinner, she played all by herself for a while with the Little People farm. The bottle I gave her to get to sleep reminded me there's still a little baby-ness left yet. It's definitely a different feeling though. I remember the day when I didn't think I would ever get out of colic, or teething (still working on that one). And here we are starting to fight big girl battles of temper tantrums and kicking the door after I've said "no" 20 times. The Lord has carried us this far...and thankfully without too many battle scars. I'm reminded that everything is a phase and He will carry us through the next stage as well. How wonderful to know in advance that He will get us through!

1 comment:

Emily P. said...

I can't help but smile from ear to ear looking at those pictures! I wish I had taken some. Don't worry, though, she's still a baby. I saw a lot of her babyish-ness today. She looked so tiny in that oversized T-shirt and her little giggle is still so little. Ooo.. I'm glad I get to hug her again tomorrow!! :)