Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hitting the Wall

I've got so much running around in my brain....I'm not sure I can come up with coherent thoughts. Excuse my ramblings......I just need to get a few things out.

Like many people, we've been having a hard time financially. We've finally hit the wall and don't have too many options. Big changes are going to have to be made - credit cards are being shredded and the poop guy is outta here. But it's a lot more than that. The way we're used to living, the way we've made decisions, the way we've thought about and spent money....all has to drastically change.

I'm thankful that we're all healthy and our house and cars are staying in place. I know it could be much much worse. But my reality is being forced to be changed and I'm scared. In the end, I know this will result in a positive. Tony and I are being forced to work together. We're having to be open and honest with each other. And we're having to re-examine our priorities. (Is it really important to have the shampoo you've been using for 20 years, or can you use one of the 5 bottles that is already purchased?) I have faith that everything will end up ok and God will get us through.....and maybe there will be an opportunity for Tony to find more faith.

I try to keep a smile on my face, but my patience is not there right now. Especially at home. I'm quick to get frustrated and easily irritated. I know this is taxing on everyone.....but life still moves on. There's still babies to feed, trash to take out, things to do. I'd love nothing more than to have a few hours to do nothing but hide in bed.....but I don't see that happening for another 15 years.

Please pray for us. That finances get resolved, that we work together and support each other, that Dakota's "two-ish-ness" doesn't push me over the mommy edge, that God takes us where we are supposed to be.

2 comments:

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hi cute Penny,

So sorry to hear of your recent hard times. I'll keep your little family in my prayers. I cut and pasted a quote right off the Nester's Blog because I've seen more than one person giving praise to the "Dave Ramsey" getting-out-of-debt plan. May be worth checking out. Here's the quote:

"I wrote this post and told you a little of our background. Well we are trying to be completely gazelle {as Dave Ramesy would say} about high tailing it out of debt. This time last year we had $146,000 of debt yes, I did just hear that gasp. That included business debt {failed business plus current franchise} car debt, school debt, medical debt and consumer debt. In the past 12 months we have paid off over $42,000 of debt. That is totally God math because last year, my husband made less than twice that amount! My husband has been working his hiney off. We hate being in the prison where debt holds you captive and are always trying to tweak our expenses. Not to mention that my husband is in the car business and not many cars are selling right now. So what's a family to do?"

Karen Hossink said...

"and maybe there will be an opportunity for Tony to find more faith"...And if that was the result, the hard times would all be worth it, wouldn't they?
Father, I know You know what's going on in Penny and Tony's life. I know You can handle the finances. I know You can handle everything about their situation and I'm asking You to show them Your faithfulness today.
When Penny needs extra grace to extend to Dakota - please give it to her. When she needs more patience with Tony and when she needs to be more vulnerable with him - please grant her the will to see it through. Hold her close, Jesus. Show her that You are enough and You will make her enough.
Glorify Yourself through this trial, Lord!
Amen and amen.

I will keep praying for you, my friend. Keep your eyes fixed upon HIM!