Monday, September 1, 2008

Witnessing to Frito

Considering where my brain has been at lately, this holiday weekend was fun. I got to go out with my friend. I got to play with my baby. And we went out to the park for an outing as a family.

One of the moments that brought a smile to my face today was when Dakota started witnessing to the dog. Frito never knew what hit him. Dakota found one of those little Bibles that only has the New Testament and some Psalms in it. She brought it to me and I told her it was a special book and she had to be very soft with it. After flipping through the pages carefully she decided to share the good book with Frito.

Frito is right at eye level for Dakota when he lies on the couch. She walked up to him, book in hand and started reading to him. I was smiling on the outside and rolling with laughter on the inside. She would read to Frito, turn a page and read some more, all with the book touching Frito's nose.

Something distracted her and the Book was put aside for a while. Later in the evening she brought it to me, sat in my lap and said "read". Where was I to start? Something short that might keep her attention for 30 seconds. They had the Lord's Prayer on one page, so we said that. That seemed to satisfy her.

The Book now lives in the book bucket with the rest. I'm sure it will get pulled out again. Watch out Frito, she's not done with you yet!

4 comments:

Emily P. said...

That is too great! Reading scripture to children is both difficult and miraculous! "Coda" is such an angel baby. Love you both!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Thank you so much for your encouraging comment today...it meant a lot to me!! Thanks again. Angela

Karen Hossink said...

Go, Dakota!!!
Hey, I have an award for you. Please come and see. *grin*

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

That has to be the sweetest story ever!!! I'm so glad you wrote it down so that Dakota can go back and read it one day, but also so we could enjoy the moment too. : )