Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Loud, Noisy Trucks

Dakota has started this new daily ritual that we have to walk to the mailbox. It's become kind of fun watching her run down the sidewalk, and try and balance on the curb. Yesterday I think it took us 15 minutes to walk 10 houses, each house had something different to stop and look at or try and do (like banging on a for sale sign with a rock). This morning there were more trucks and buses out than there are in the evenings when we usually take our walks. And God used the moment as a lesson.

Everytime Dakota hear a loud truck or one drove past, she would immediately turn to me and grab my hand. If she was ahead of me, she would run back. She needed reassurance that the loud noise wasn't going to get her and she would be all right. And I was there. Everytime.

I've got lots of "loud, noisy trucks" in my life right now. What a great opportunity He used to remind me that He is there for me too. Everytime. And He will reassure me that all will be well. He's there for me to turn to all the time, no matter when a "truck" drives by. I might be scared by the noise....but He will hold my hand and walk with me.

Thank you Lord, for reminding me that as I watch over Dakota, you watch over me. I am never alone and you faithfully will be by my side. Please continue to hold my hand as our family works toward a new life together. Keep us together in Your arms as we search for understanding on how to move forward with so many new changes. Thank you for the support You give us and for that which you give us through friends. Amen.

9 comments:

Emily P. said...

You are beautiful, and are such an example to me of what a mother should be. Coda loves you, and you love her, and God loves you both...THAT I am sure of. hugs

Karen Hossink said...

Yes! This is exactly what I'm talking about - Finding Joy by seeing God in the moment.
I love that you heard Him speak to you about how He loves you - through your interaction with Dakota.
Way to go, friend!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Wonderful, wonderful moment and such wisdom you got from it because you listened to the Father's voice.

luvmy4sons said...

This is how we make it through all our moments...finding God in them all! Hugs to you!

It's OK to be WEIRD! said...

Karen shared this with us on her blog (told us to come by and check this out). I'm so glad she did. This is an awesome 'teachable moment' - but for the mommy as much as the kiddo! Awesome story. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Great thoughts.

Many blessings-
Amanda

Stacey said...

Thanks so much for sharing! I found you by way of irritable mother's blog. It is evident that you understand you can run to Him because you KNOW your God. Awesome encouragement!!! Thanks so much for sharing your "ah-ha!" moments :)

Jessica Nelson said...

Awwww, Sooooo cute!
Sometimes I wonder if God gave us kids just to help us better understand His love.
Very cute story. Thanks for sharing :-)

Emily P. said...

Hey girl! I miss you!